What is Proof of Delivery?
Why is Proof of Delivery Important?
Benefits for Customers
- Customer Control – Today, customers expect easy and efficient tracking in real-time. 97% of customers now demand the ability to track their orders.
- Reduce Theft – Correct receipt of shipment reduces incidences of theft by notifying customers the moment their item arrives, especially if they aren’t home.
- Keep Customers in the Loop – With delivery services, a POD demonstrates that the work has been completed. It also allows customers to recommend any changes or ask about follow-up work.
Benefits for Businesses
- Better Customer Experiences – Sometimes deliveries are lost, or drivers mark a package as delivered when it hasn’t been. PODs give you more visibility into the status of orders.
- Slash Costs – When you have proof of delivery, you know the customer has their hands on the item. This prevents you from issuing unnecessary refunds or shipping out repeat products.
- Improve Accuracy – Ultimately, your business keeps your finger on the pulse of what’s going on with your supply chain. The implementation of this simple document can dramatically improve accuracy.
- Increase Backend Efficiency – Automated proof of shipment improves your backend efficiency. These days, many businesses automatically connect a company’s backend with an app carried by the driver. It cuts down on manual tasks and the amount of physical paperwork involved.