Client Portal Setup & User Guide
This guide explains the initial setup and navigation of the CSA client portal for shipment tracking, document downloads and rate requests. If additional help or clarification is required you may connect with your CSA Account Mananger, or submit a request here.
Please note that CSA has 2 separate tracking systems, Canada & Cross Border and US Domestic at this time online rates can not be generated for US Domestic.
If you already have an access code proceed to step 2.
To get started with CSA's Online Client Portal your will need an access code. Please connect with your CSA account manager to request an access code or submit an online request here.
Once your request has been approved you will receive an email containing an access code and detailed instructions about how to register a user profile. As mentioned this step requires an access code (provided by CSA) which will allow you to register your own user name and online tracking account.
*Registration must be completed separately for each tracking system. If you requested access to both systems (Canada & Cross Border and US Domestic) you will need to complete the below registration steps twice, once for each system.
- Visit www.csatransportation.com/client-portal-tracking-system and select the region in which you wish to track from the left side menu.
- Click the Register button pictured below
- Fill out the registration form. Fields indicated by an * are required.
- Create your username and password. Passwords must be 7 to 12 characters and include at least one (1) number.
- Enter the access code provided by CSA Transportation.
Once you create a username and password, your registration is complete. Remember, anyone with these login credentials can review information and download documentation related to your current shipments.
To view the status of your shipments, follow these steps.
- Go to CSA's tracking portal.
- Click "Trace" at the top left.
- Enter CSA's tracking number (found on your shipment confirmation) in the search value field, using only capital letters and no spaces.
- Select Bill Number from the Search Field dropdown.
- Hit the Trace button.
To view your entire quote and shipment history, simply leave all the fields blank before you click the Trace button. If you don't have the CSA tracking number, click the Advanced Search button to search by scheduled Pickup or Delivery date range.The Trace results will appear as follows:
Click on the appropriate Freight bill number. A new window will open with detailed information regarding that shipment.
Shipping documents are visible under the 'Related Microdea Documents' section for each shipment within the new window specified at the end of step 4.
Your shipping history can also be viewed in an excel document. To download simply click the excel button within the client portal's tracing results.
A rate quote option can also be enabled for your online account upon your account manager's approval. Please reach out to your account manager to request this option.
When the system generates a rate it will display it for you immediately. You are not able to print or email the rate from this popup, instead make note of your reference number and nativate to the "Trace" tab to search and view your recently created quote number and print.