Welcome to the CSA client portal user guide. This guide will assist you with the basic setup and navigation of the CSA Customer Portal, your essential tool for getting rates online, booking orders, tracking shipments, viewing your quote and order history and downloading signed documents.
If you need additional assistance or clarification on any of the steps below:
- Contact Your CSA Account Manager: Your dedicated manager is available to provide support tailored to your needs.
- Don't know your account manager? Just submit a Help Request
As a new user, you may not immediately see the features for online rate requests or order booking when you first log in. If this is the case please get in touch with your CSA Account Manager.
Important Tracking Information:
CSA utilizes two separate tracking systems:
- Canada Domestic & Cross-Border Tracking: For shipments that are within, entering or exiting Canada.
- US Domestic Tracking: Exclusively for shipments that originate and conclude within the United States.
Please be aware that our portal does not currently facilitate the generation of online rates for US Domestic shipments. For these rate requests, direct communication with the CSA customer care team is required.
If you already have an access code proceed to step 2.
To get started with CSA's Online Client Portal your will need an access code. Please connect with your CSA account manager to request an access code. Don't know your account manager? Just submit a Help Request
Once your request has been approved you will receive an email containing an access code and detailed instructions about how to register a user profile. As mentioned this step requires an access code (provided by CSA) which will allow you to register your own user name and online tracking account.
*Registration must be completed separately for each tracking system. If you requested access to both systems (Canada & Cross Border and US Domestic) you will need to complete the below registration steps twice, once for each system.
- Visit www.csatransportation.com/client-portal-tracking-system and select the region in which you wish to track from the left side menu.
- Click the Register button pictured below
- Fill out the registration form. Fields indicated by an * are required.
- Create your username and password. Passwords must be 7 to 12 characters and include at least one (1) number.
- Enter the access code provided by CSA Transportation.
Once you create a username and password, your registration is complete. Remember, anyone with these login credentials can review information and download documentation related to your current shipments.
To view the status of your shipments or view reports on your shipment history, follow these steps.
- Go to CSA's tracking portal.
- Click "Trace" at the top left.
- Enter CSA's tracking number (found on your shipment confirmation) in the search value field, using only capital letters and no spaces.
- Select Bill Number from the Search Field dropdown.
- Hit the Trace button.
To view your entire quote and shipment history, simply leave all the fields blank before you click the Trace button. To view orders only use this option "CSA Tracking # starts with "C". You can also use the Advanced Search function to search by scheduled Pickup or Delivery date range.
The Trace results will appear as shown below, you may now email, export or print these results by clicking the appropriate button at the top of the results window.
To view further details click on the freight bill number. A new window will open with detailed information regarding that shipment.
Shipping documents are visible under the 'Related Microdea Documents' section for each shipment within the new window specified at the end of step 4.
Your shipping history can also be viewed in an excel document. To download simply click the excel button within the client portal's tracing results.
Online rate quote functionality can also be enabled for your online account upon your account manager's approval. Please reach out to your account manager to request this.
When the system generates a rate it will display it for you immediately. You are not able to print or email the rate from this popup, instead make note of your reference number and navigate to the "Trace" tab to search and view your recently created quote number and print.
Please review the guide below for a complete overview of all our online ordering features. To expand the document to full screen, click the icon (located at the top right of the below guide). If you need access to online orders, contact your account manager. Don't know your account manager? Just submit a Help Request