Online Tracking Setup & User Guide
This guide will lead you through the initial setup and navigation of CSA's shipment tracking and document portal. If additional help or clarification is required, use the Setup Access or Get Support form found here to contact us.
Please note that CSA has 2 separate tracking systems, Canada & Cross Border and US Domestic, if you don't have an access code you will need to request access to each system through the Setup & Support form.
If you already have an access code proceed to step 2. First time users must request access to CSA's Online Client Portal. Click here to complete the webform request. An email containing an access code and detailed instructions on how to register will be sent to you once we have verified and enabled your online account.
The access code from step 1 is required to register your online tracking account. Registration will only need to be done one time.
*Registration must be completed separately for each tracking system. If you requested access to both systems (Canada & Cross Border and US Domestic) you will need to complete the below registration steps twice, once for each system.
- Visit www.csatransportation.com/client-portal-tracking-system and select the region in which you wish to track from the left side menu.
- Click the Register button pictured below
- Fill our the registration form. Fields indicated by an * are required.
- Create your company's username and password. Passwords must be 7 to 12 characters and include at least one (1) number.
- Enter the access code provided by our Online Support Department.
Once you create a username and password, your company's registration is complete. Remember, anyone with these login credentials can review information and download documentation related to your current shipments.
To view the status of your shipments, follow these steps.
- Click the Trace link from within CSA's tracking portal.
- Enter CSA's tracking number (found on your shipment confirmation) in the search value field, using only capital letters and no spaces.
- Select Bill Number from the Search Field dropdown.
- Hit the Trace button.
To view your entire quote and shipment history, simply leave all the fields blank before you click the Trace button. If you don't have the CSA tracking number, click the Advanced Search button to search by scheduled Pickup or Delivery date range.The Trace results will appear as follows:
Click on the appropriate Freight bill number. A new window will open with detailed information regarding that shipment.
Shipping documents are visible under the 'Related Microdea Documents' section for each shipment within the new window specified at the end of step 4.
Your shipping history can also be viewed in an excel document. To download simply click the excel button within the client portal's tracing results.