Primary responsibilities include loading and unloading customer freight as it is received or when it is being shipped.
In addition, the selected candidate will be expected to consolidate LTL trailers effectively for inter-terminal movements, operate forklifts, trucks, and/or tow motors, complete daily logs, verify freight and compare to the unloading reports and/or Bill of Lading, assist with inventory, and clean and maintain work area as per safety protocols.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proficient in English language reading, writing, and speaking.
- Basic arithmetic skills.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Organized and punctual.
- Works well in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
- Hardworking and reliable team player.
- Able to learn quickly and work efficiently.
- Flexible availability (shifts consist of days, evenings, nights, and weekends).
Education & Experience
- Minimum education, completion of grade 10 or equivalent.
- Minimum one year previous warehouse experience.
- Valid Forklift certification and/or applicable certification.
- Hazardous material training/certificate an asset.
Those with the relevant skills and experience should apply with resume quoting job title and location to:
careers (at) csatransportation.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.