Primary responsibilities include analyzing load information, contracting drivers and carriers, negotiating needed equipment, dispatching the load, and updating CSA's tracking system.
In addition, the selected candidate will be responsible for the logistical processing of customer orders by providing quotes, pick-ups, and deliveries of freight, answering inquiries from customers, and investigating complaints regarding services and policies. Logistics Coordinators are also expected to make contact with customers over the phone as well as research, develop, and qualify service lanes and requirements for quoting purposes.
CSA offers a comprehensive package including competitive wages, vacation, and health benefits.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent MS Office skills, working knowledge of transportation management software (TruckMate, etc) an asset.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both written and oral.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Dedicated commitment to providing superior, timely internal and external customer service.
- Strong creative problem solving, reasoning and decision making skills in a team environment.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Ability to clearly identify the customer's current and future needs and present transportation solutions to them.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and understanding percentages).
- Desire to grow, learn and work in a team environment.
- Willingness to occasionally assist in warehouse a plus.
Education & Experience
- Minimum education, High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 to 2 years experience in the field of logistics, shipping or transportation is required.
- Minimum of one year experience with common LTL carriers, freight classes, and NMFCs.
- Must be familiar with freight forwarding, LTL, and cross border logistics.
- Demonstrated experience working with minimal supervision or direction.
- Forklift certification an asset.
Those with the relevant skills and experience should apply with resume quoting job title and location to:
careers (at) csatransportation.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.