Logistics Coordinator Edmonton, AB
Responsible for the logistical processing of customer orders, by providing quotes, pick-up and delivery of freight that proves beneficial to customers and CSA Transportation. This includes effective coordination with sales staff, dispatchers, customer service representatives, warehouse staff and shippers. Answers inquiries from customers and investigates complaints regarding services and policies. Analyzes load information from the customer in order to determine and verify the appropriate route, border crossing point and rates, and set up the daily schedules. Contacts dependable drivers, carriers or companies, in order to negotiate needed equipment, dispatch the load, update CSA's tracking system with finalized details in a concise and timely fashion. Actively solicit business and promote CSA's services through contacts with the customer over the phone as well as research and develop qualified service lanes and requirements for quoting purposes.
As a result of our continued growth, we have the need for this position in our Edmonton, Alberta Terminal.
CSA offers a comprehensive package including competitive wages, vacation and health benefits.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of transportation management software (TruckMate etc.) is an asset and excellent MS Office skills are required
- Dedicated commitment to providing superior, timely internal and external customer service
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both written and oral forms
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Strong creative problem solving, reasoning and decision making skills in a team environment
- Effective negotiating skills
- Ability to clearly identify the customer's current and future needs and present transportation solutions to them
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and understanding percentages)
- Desire to grow, learn and work in a team environment
- Willingness to occasionally operate forklift required
- Demonstrated experience working with minimal supervision or direction
- Minimum education, High School Diploma or equivalent; Diploma or Certificate in Logistics, International Trade and Transportation or related experience an asset
- Must be familiar with freight forwarding, LTL, and cross border logistics
- Minimum 1 years experience in the field of logistics, shipping or transportation required
- Forklift certification an asset
Those with the relevant skills and experience should apply with resume quoting job title and location to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.